Based on true events:
A young woman in the late teens called 911 after she swallowed a whole bottle (100 pills) of a common fever and pain medicine called Tylenol (generic Acetaminophen). She was depressed and despondent because her family didn’t understand her. She also took another bottle (more than 3/4 full, unknown quantity) of Tylenol PM (acetaminophen + diphenhydramine) a common OTC (over the counter) drug sold as a non-habit forming pain reliever and nighttime sleepaid. She said she wanted to end it all, but then got scared and called for help.
She had ingested these pills about 6 hours ago and had begun to vomit before calling. She admitted to vomiting some pill fragments.
When I talked to her, she admitted she had made a mistake, and wanted to live not die.
Fortunately her vitals signs were normal, she was alert and completely with it but her blood work showed an elevated acetaminophen level and signs of liver injury. Her EKG (electrocardiogram) was normal.